Saturday, September 19, 2009

NFL Pick 'Em Week 2

Well I finally have something to brag about in this competition after having a perfect week 1 and taking a 5-3 lead. Something tells me it won't last. On to week 2.

Carolina @ Atlanta

Loren - Atlanta. I still think Carolina is dangerous but they are certainly in disarray. Delhomme wans to get some confidence back. Unfortunately, he needs help from his backs and that's not going to fly in Atlanta. Likely still a high scoring game, but only on one side.

Derek - Atlanta. Wow did you see how bad Jake Delhomme played last week? Me too. Say he plays only half that bad…yeah the Falcons will still win. If Atlanta can stop the run they will win easy, and it should be easy to stop the run since Delhomme would be passing it.

Houston @Tennessee

Loren - Tennessee. I saw a different Houston team last week than Derek did. Tennessee's D is going to absolutely stuff Houston unless Schaub gets some big play to open up the inside. Tennessee easy in this one.

Derek - Tennessee. I think this game will be close really close. Houston is becoming a solid team. That being said Tennessee is already a very solid team and should be able to control Slaton now that Johnson is out. Tennessee will win by a score.

New Orleans @ Philadelphia

Loren - New Orleans. Philly's O won't be strong enough to stay on the field, and that will be the most important factor in this game. They'll give the Saints arsenal too many chances.

Derek - New Orleans. Philly has a good D but not as good in past years. McNabb is out and normally the back ups play well. Look for Westbrook to have a monster day but not enough to beat Brees who will test out the Eagles DB’s all game long.

Baltimore @ San Diego

Loren - Baltimore. I'm inclined to agree with Derek. I'm also befuddled by Phillip Rivers. I had expected him to prove he can put this team on his back when needed but he has been very inconsistent. Flacco seems to be getting better every week and the Ravens D is stout. Should be a great game.

Derek - Baltimore. Normally I don’t pick the team traveling across the country, this time though I have to go with my gut. No LT for a team who struggled to score against Oakland, I don’t see the Chargers putting up tons of points against the Ravens D. Low scores mean Ravens victory.

NY Giants @ Dallas

Loren - Dallas. I'm only taking them because it's in Dallas, but I don't feel great about it. Seems everyone has written off NY but I believe they are still a force to be reckoned with and a legit contender. Still, Dallas at home.

Derek -Dallas. This should be quite the game. I don’t really have much to go on but NY’s D seems bendable to me and Dallas has the components to break it. Plus it’s in Dallas and the damn screen might fall on a Giant.

No comments: