Sunday, November 7, 2010

NFL Pick 'em - Week 9

Derek made up a lot of ground last weekend. Maybe at some point I'll figure out to bet with my head and not my heart.


On to this week's picks...

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati

Loren - Pittsburgh. Their D is having an epic year and the Bengals haven't really been clicking on offense. This could be an embarrassing day for the Bengals.

Derek - Pittsburgh. Cincinnati owned the Steelers last year but it should be back to the Steelers running rough shot over the Bengals this time around.

San Diego @ Houston

Loren - Houston. San Diego just is incredibly inconsistent. They lose to Oakland, St. Louis, and New England, but beat the Titans. Who knows what team will show up? The Texans have the firepower to keep Bolts on their heels and are looking to rebound from yet another loss to Indy.

Derek - San Diego. The Chargers are going to step it up one of these weeks and it might as well be this one. Stats wise Rivers is up near the top of the QB world. Now he just needs his D to step up.


Arizona @ Minnesota

Loren - Minnesota. So many expectations resting on the shoulders of some very shaky decision makers. Still, at least both teams think they're still in the hunt for a playoff spot with no one else running away with the divisions they're in. The Cards have been up and down this year while it's mostly been down for Minnesota. Still, AP is a difference maker and I don't want to rest my hopes on Derek Anderson on the road.

Derek - Arizona. I've got about zero faith in either of these teams, but one has a good coach. I'll take that and I'll go with the Cards and the Oregon connection, Anderson is back under center and he's good for one or two games a year.

Indianapolis @ Philadelphia

Loren - Philadelphia. I like the mobility of Vick over the speed of the the Colts' defensive ends. He's going to be able to buy enough time to find the receivers or tuck and run. Both teams are a little banged up, though, so this game will hinge on who steps up.

Derek - Indianapolis. I've said for weeks I'm picking the Colts the rest of the way. Manning isn't going to let this team lose. Did anyone see last weeks game?


Kansas City @ Oakland

Loren - Oakland. It pains me to have to take the Raiders, but I believe Run DMC is leading the league in rushing yards per game. The Raiders have looked good over their last few games but they have a really difficult schedule coming up so they need wins like this to challenge for the division. The KC defense will be on the field too much today and will ultimately cave.

Derek - Kansas City. A battle two surprising teams. My Oakland pick last week got me back in the competition but I can't go with the Raiders too many times in a row.

Miami @ Baltimore

Loren - Baltimore. The Ravens' D isn't quite the horror show it once was but it still has plenty of pop. I like the direction the Dolphins are headed but they just don't have the defense necessary to get the Ravens offense off the field so they can take a few more shots at the end zone.

Derek - Baltimore. Sure Miami hasn't lost on the road but we are talking about a supioror team in the Ravens. Miami will make some plays but won't be able to score much more than they're customary field goals.

No comments: