Saturday, December 25, 2010

NFL picks week 16

With two weeks in the regular season left I need to make a move, Loren is now up 6.

San Francisco at St. Louis
Derek - St. Louis. I'd like to pick the 49ers here but I just don't see them winning on the road when they can't even decide who should play QB.
Loren – St. Louis. Really, Derek? I know this is a game with division title implications, but that doesn’t mean it’s worth picking. I guess when you’re somewhere between 6 and 47 games down, you have to throw a few toss-ups into the mix. Why am I taking the Rams? Because I think Sam Bradford has responded well this year and they’re playing at home. If I had my way, though, both of these teams would lose and none of the NFC West teams belong in the playoffs.

Tennessee at Kansas City

Derek - Kansas City. The Chiefs will be able to run the ball on Tennessee and with Cassell back in action I expect to see Bowe have a big day.
Loren – Tennessee. KC won’t be able to stop the ground game. The final two weeks will show that KC is an average football team in a subpar division. Tennessee, meanwhile, won’t make the playoffs but just might finish .500 if they win here and against Indy in the final week.

NY Jets at Chicago

Derek - Chicago. Chicago has the home game and have wrapped the division I think they'll still try to play hard since they can still get a bye the first round. Bears special teams will win it.
Loren – NY Jets. How do the Jets lose to Miami then come back and thump Pittsburgh? I feel like the Jets are the football equivalent of the Wookie defense; they just don’t make sense. They are 4-3 at home but 6-1 on the road. Huh? They only have a +36 point differential but have managed a 10-4 record. Huh? Since Chicago is only 4-3 at home as well, I’ll take the Jets and their stingy D, but I won’t be happy about it.

Houston at Denver

Derek - Houston. Yeah the Broncos are a plain bad team. Houston has nothing to play for but their talent should be enough.
Loren – Houston. Ugh. I think Derek put this game on here hoping I’d take the Broncos and he could get an easy win. No such luck. I’ve abandoned all hope for this god-awful excuse of a team. I hope they win, but I sure won’t be picking them.

NY Giants at Green Bay

Derek - Green Bay. I'm going with the home team on this one. The Giants had a bad ending to the game last week and I think there might be some carry over. The Pack need a win to stay in playoff contention.
Loren – NY Giants. The G-Men were awfully close to knocking off Philly last week, but close only left them with a gut punch headed into their match up against GB. Still, I like the Giants’ resolve. This is a tough team and I wouldn’t want to take out their frustrations from last week on me.

New Orleans at Atlanta

Derek - New Orleans. The Saints have some of their impact players back and should start gelling now. These teams know each other well and I'll be surprised if it's a high scoring game.
Loren – Atlanta. I told everyone Atlanta would be good this year. Granted, they have wins against SF, Arizona, Seattle, Carolina and St. Louis, but they also have wins against NO, Tampa (2), Green Bay and Baltimore. One of their two losses was in OT against the Steelers in the first week of the season. Since that game, they have gone 12-1. The Saints are giving up too many yards on the ground and Michael Turner is going to make them pay this week.

No comments: