Thursday, September 15, 2011

NFL week 2 picks

Well that didn't turn out well. Loren went 3/6 and I went 2/6. We suck. And I suck more that Loren, that's not good since I'm competing with him. Don't forget if you need an ego boost play along in the comments section.

Cleveland @ Indianapolis
Loren – Indianapolis. One more week. Each week that Collins gets with the offense increases comfort and knowledge of the system and routes. The Browns aren’t a great team so this is the perfect opportunity for Indy’s offense to take some positive steps. The Browns are gamers, but they’re young and will lose some games a more seasoned team wouldn’t, like this one.

Derek - Indianapolis. If it was a better team I'd go against the Colts here but the Browns are the Browns and I don't expect much. Hillis could make it tough for the Colts inside, but I think Indy has the skill and too much pride to lose this one.

Chicago @ New Orleans
Loren – New Orleans. Even though Chicago put a thumping on Atlanta last week (and I think the Falcons could be better than the Saints by season’s end), I’m going with NO. The Saints were a play away from victory against an incredible Green Bay team. I don’t see Chicago being able to shut down the Saints’ O, even without Colston.

Derek - New Orleans. I had a Saints fan get mad at me last week for jinxing the Saint's, he later admitted that it might have been their D and not my pick that cost them that game. I think the home turf advantage will be enough to let Brees throw for a few TD's and I can't trust the Bears O.

Arizona @ Washington
Loren – Washington. Was the Cardinals’ secondary even on the field last week? If they gave up a game like that to Cam Newton, imagine what a more disciplined and talented offense in Washington will do. Obviously, the Redskins aren’t even close to an elite scoring machine, but I think Grossman will have a field day and the Cardinals will get their wings clipped.

Derek - Washington. I don't like picking crappy teams that travel all the way across the country. Grossman should be ok since the Cards don't seem to defend the pass, and the Redskins D should be good enough to stop anything on the ground.

San Diego @ New England
Loren – New England. The Chargers will get better throughout the season. Unfortunately for them, so will the Pats, and they’re already scary good. The Chargers look to be slow starters again and that won’t cut it against New England who look to come out and carve up opponents.

Derek - New England. I'm sticking with the Pats all year. Did you see their no huddle O, the Fins D which is good looked like a highschool kid trying to get a bra off. Brady had a big game and 12 players for NE catch passes.

Houston @ Miami
Loren – Houston. With Foster back, Miami will be forced to play 6 and 7 up front. This will open things up even more for Schaub and AJ. Henne looked better than expected last week, but they were embarrassed defensively against the Pats, and things don’t get much easier for them this week. Ask yourself which team has more confidence coming in to this game.

Derek - Houston. Miami has issues with big recievers. Johnson is a big reciever, he'll score minimum of 1 TD most likley two. That might be enought to beat the Dolphins.


Philadelphia @ Atlanta
Loren – Atlanta. The Eagles certainly didn’t run away from the Rams last week. Atlanta, meanwhile, has to figure out what went wrong against Chicago. Atlanta’s D hits harder and is faster than that of the Rams. On the other side of the ball, Asomugha will be blanketing Roddy White, so Julio Jones could have his first game with double digit catches. Falcons get back on track against a team they haven’t beaten since 2005 (0-4 in that span).

Derek - Philadelphia. Seems strange that this game almost is a must win for the Falcons, that being said they did not look like a team that was just about to put it together last week. The Eagles D is not what the Bears is but should be good enough to stop Ryan and force Turner to beat them. Philly will make one or two explosive plays on the offensive/special teams side of the ball to win it.

2 comments:

Barry Beitel said...

Well, the Eagles defensive collapse in the 4th Quarter killed my chance of matching my 14-2 record for predictions last week. I had a feeling as soon as I chose the Colts that Cleveland might upset Indy; but without Manning, I'm not sure that's an upset. I doubt most would have thought the Titans would beat the Ravens. So, if the Giants hold on to beat the Rams tomorrow, I'll go 13-3 this week and 27-5 for the season to date.

Derek said...

Yeah the Eagles got me too. Now I'm down by 2 in the competition. I don't think anyone saw the Titans beating the Ravens. Giants v Rams should be a good one but without Jackson I'd go with the Giants.