Saturday, December 8, 2012

NFL Week 14 picks

Does that say week 14? Jeez! Loren and I broke even last week both going 3-3.
Standings
Derek 52-26
Loren 42-26

St Louis at Buffalo
Loren - Buffalo. Will St Louis be the team that lost to the Jets and Miami, or the team that took SF to OT twice? Buffalo is probably feeling a lot better about their team after playing Jacksonville last week. I'm taking the home team.
Derek – St. Louis. St. Louis is playing better recently and the Bills aren’t great at anything. Slow down Spiller and make Fitzpatrick beat you. You know the guy who always fades down the stretch.

Dallas at Cincinnati
Loren - Cincinnati. Even though I'm down big in our challenge, I still can't bring myself to pick Dallas. Ugh, Dallas.
Derek – Cincinnati. The Bengals are rolling right now, have a tough front 7 and can sling that ball around. I’m going with consistency versus Dallas’s Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde routine.
 
Baltimore at Washington
Loren - Baltimore. Yeah, yeah, RGIII!I!I!I!!I! I know he's good and exciting. I love watching him play. He's also a rookie against a somewhat depleted but well disciplined and veteran defense. Baltimore is no slouch on the offensive side, either. Baltimore wins in a statement game.
Derek – Washington. The Ravens D is not what it once was and their O hasn’t been clicking. Good luck to the Ravens D just trying to get to the Redskins ball carrier.
 
New Orleans at NY Giants
Loren - NY Giants. Is everyone off the NO bandwagon? With the exception of the Falcons 5 weeks ago, the Saints haven't beaten a team with a record over .500. As much as I need wins against Derek, I just don't think there's much hope in picking up a win here.
Derek – NY Giants. Neither of these teams are playing like they should, win one lose won. Who’s turn is it. I’ll go with the Home team.
 
Detroit at Green Bay
Loren - Green Bay. I was so looking forward to the Detroit/Green Bay matchups this year. Now all I have to look forward to is the new way to lose games the Lions will discover.
Derek – Green Bay. Detroit has been a big disappointment to me this year and the Packers are coming back strong. This game will tell us if the Lions care about the rest of the season.
 
Houston at New England
Loren - Houston. Here's why New England won't win Sunday. Their last 6 games, all wins, were against sub-.500 teams with the exception of the Colts, possibly the most suspect +.500 team in the league. The Pats have played exactly 4 decent teams this year and have a measly 2-2 record. The next two weeks will give us a real sense of the strength of this team. My bet is we see good teams like Houston and San Francisco exploit NE's weak D and put Brady on the ground. That's how you beat NE, and that's what Houston and SF are very, very good at.
Derek – New England. I went back and forth on this but one thought kept popping into my mind. Houston gave up 37 points to Jacksonville and then a week late 31 to Detroit. Yeah I’ll take the Pats.

No comments: