Friday, October 25, 2013

NFL Week 8 picks

It's like clock work another 4-2 week for me gives me a bigger lead on Loren after he went 0-6. 30-12 to 17-23.
 
Miami at New England
Derek - New England. I'd love to pick Miami here but I think they're headed for their 4th loss in a row. They haven't beaten the Pats since the Wildcat days.
Loren - New England. Even though the Jets legitimately beat the Pats last week, I don't see Miami going into Foxboro and doing the same. Brady doesn't lose often, and back to back losses are even rarer.
 
Dallas at Detroit
Derek - Detroit. If Dallas can only score 17 on Philly I don't see how they out score Detoit. Look for Bush to have a big game.
Loren - Dallas. Neither team has anything to crow about this year. But Dallas is both scoring more and allowing fewer scores than the Lions. I don't think Dallas is a good team. I think they're the better team.
 
New York Giants at Philadelphia
Derek - Philadelphia. I picked NY last week since they were playing a bad team, this week they're on the road playing a decent team. Yeah I'll go with the Eagles. They have a lot of scoring to catch up on after last week's 3 points.
Loren - NY Giants. Picked against them last week and they get their first win. Pick them this week and their liable to lose again. However, you can see signs that the team is clicking. Eli's picks have been largely the fault of the receivers, but they're getting on the same page.
 
Pittsburgh at Oakland
Derek - Pittsburgh. Ugh tough one. I think Oakland is ok, and they have a major home field advatage here, but the Steelers are playing better and this would be a classic no one believes in us games.
Loren - Oakland. I still think Oakland is better than people give them credit for, and Pryor is a big part of that. He's far surpassed my expectations this year. Home crowd, a weakened Pittsburgh team, and a mobile QB spells opportunity for the Raiders.
 
Atlanta at Arizona
Derek - Arizona. The Cards have a solid team their just in a tough division, they get a nice homefield advantage and the Falcons are still beat up.
Loren - Atlanta. I don't care how far west Atlanta has to travel, they're still a better team than the Cardinals.
 
Seattle at St. Louis
Derek - Seattle. St. Louis is starting Kellen Clemons, he'll have a tough day against this D.
Loren - Seattle. St. Louis is a dangerous team, depending on the week you get them. Seattle is just better across the board and it feel like Wilson is itching for a week to turn it loose.

No comments: