Wednesday, November 27, 2013

NFL Week 13 picks

Wow what a bad week for both Loren and I we put up 1-4-1 records. 46-25-1 to 34-35-1.

Green Bay at Detroit
Derek - Detroit. The Packers don't look too good right now and are relying on Matt Flynn. While he can be good you can't rely on the guy. The Lions have a bad loss this last week but you know they can explode at any min.
Loren - Detroit. The Lions have burned me lately, but I think they right the ship against the short-handed Packers. Early in the season this would have been one of the games most looked forward to. Now you just hope it doesn't stink up Thanksgiving.

Pittsburgh at Baltimore
Derek - Baltimore. The Steelers are playing better and the Ravens look old and well...bad. Why am I taking them? Still think they're better than Pit.
Loren - Pittsburgh. Can't trust either team this year and I've got a lot of ground to make up. Why not take the coin flip?

Tennessee at Indianapolis
Derek - Indianapolis. I think Indy leaned something from their rough stretch and part of that is how to beat the Titans, make them pass. No comeback needed here 
Loren - Tennessee. Great matchup. Struggling Colts against revived Titans. If the Colts can't get anything going on the ground, the Titans excellent secondary will sit back in coverage make life hell for what's left of the Colts passing attack. This feels like Titans get revenge for the 3 point loss to Indy 2 weeks ago.

Arizona at Philadelphia
Derek - Philadelphia. Tough one, but I'm going with the home team. We'll see if the Cards can keep putting up big numbers. 
Loren - Arizona. Another winnable road game this week. Of course, that probably means the Cards will lay an egg after a long road trip. However, if their D plays up to their standards, I wouldn't trust the Eagles to put up considerable points against them.

Denver at Kansas City
Derek - Denver. Lots of revenge here. KC's loss to Denver two weeks ago. KC's melt down last week to San Diego. Denver's melt down last week to the Pats. Whatever it is, this is most likely for the division and to get a first round bye in the playoffs. Lots at stake and I'll take Manning over Smith.
Loren - Denver. Will there be a huge hangover from the epic meltdown in Foxboro? A loss like that can scar a team. I don't think Manning lets the team dwell on it. They come out and put a smack down on their only worthy division foe, essentially wrapping up the AFC West.

New Orleans at Seattle
Derek - Seattle. Really hard to go against Seattle at home. In fact that's my deciding factor.
Loren - New Orleans. Seattleites (Seattleans? Seattlers?) will hate me for this, but I don't think the Seahawks vaunted pass defense has really been tested yet. I think they're extremely good, but I'm not sure they're ready for the different level the Saints bring. Yeah, Seattle will get big chunks of yards on the ground, but can they keep up the scoring pace the entire game? I don't think they can.

No comments: