Saturday, January 18, 2014

Conference Championship Week

A nice 4-0 week was one better than Loren. 73-36-1 to 52-55-1.

San Francisco at Seattle
Derek - San Francisco. What am I doing!?!?! Well I think I'm taking the hotter team. And Arizona did show that Seattle can be beaten at home. Plus isn't it an NFL rule that one of the Superbowl teams will have to win every game on the road to get there?
Loren – Seattle. I see Wilson as less mistake prone than Kaepernick, especially when you factor in the stadium and the noise the fans generate. Seattle’s D is consistently good while San Francisco’s comes and goes. Plus, I really want to see an old AFC West matchup in the Super Bowl. Which leads me to…

New England at Denver
Derek - Denver. I've watched the Pats all year and I just don't think they should be in the Superbowl? Something about them doesn't say best team or even elite team this year. I'll have to go with the best team all hear in Denver. 
Loren – Denver. Broncos v. Seahawks! Okay, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The Pats beat the Broncos during the season via an improbable second half surge and a complete Denver meltdown. I don’t see that happening again and the home field might make all the difference. Manning has the tools to manage the game effectively against a defense that isn’t nearly as strong as their previous championship runs. Brady will probably make swiss cheese out of a horrible Denver secondary, and I’m getting nauseous thinking about Keenan Allen eating Quentin Jammer’s lunch last week, but will the Pats be able to stop the Broncos at 5,280 feet?

No comments: