Sunday, October 5, 2008

NFL Duel - Week 5

Uh-oh. Not a great week for either of us.

I said the Washington/Dallas game would be close, but we both ended up on the wrong side of that one, likewise with the Chicago/Philadelphia game. I took Cleveland's match up while Derek won with Tampa.

The end result is an ugly 2-3 week for both of us and still a tied game at 10 correct picks apiece.

On to week 5.

Derek

Washington @ Philadelphia
Philadelphia. I don't think Washington is has good as they are playing, Campbell will have a tough time versus the Philly D, and McNabb will have a huge game. 28-10

Tennessee @ Baltimore
Baltimore. The Titans luck is over versus the Ravens D. The rookie QB takes another step for the Ravens and play turnover free ball. 17-15

Tampa Bay @ Denver.
Denver. Can any D slow down Denver? Please note I don't think KC has a defense. I think it's more of a case where Denver beats them selves. That said I think Denver gets back on track at home. 27-13

New England @ San Francisco
New England. Normally I put a home team hosting a team across the country at an advantage. But the Pats had a week off to think about their humiliating loss to Miami and I think they will be prepared. 31-20

Pittsburgh @ Jacksonville
Pittsburgh. I really want to go with the Jags here but I don't seem them keeping up with the Steelers on offense. 24-13

Loren

Washington at Philadelphia
Philly. Contrary to Derek, I think Washington is a very good team. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them finish second in their division. But I also think Philly is better than they are playing, and they're at home. 31-17

Tennessee at Baltimore
Tennessee. T's D will throw some things at Flacco that he hasn't yet seen this year. Flacco is still developing and, while I think he will be a great QB, he's too green to stand up to the pressure Tennessee will bring. 21-9

Tampa Bay at Denver
Denver. My Broncos looked pretty weak against a horrible, and I mean horrible, KC team. That embarrassment should be enough to get them to play a little tougher this week. Plus they're at home and TB doesn't have anywhere near as good a back at LJ on their squad. 35-20.

New England at San Francisco
Pats. I'm not taking the Pats here without a little bit of uncertainty. They look silly against the Dolphins two weeks ago. But Belichick always devises great schemes off their bye weeks, and two weeks of practice to get Cassel in sync with the offense will do them wonders. Look for more down-field passing to get Moss involved, and the Pats take it relatively easily. 30-13.

Pitt at Jacksonville
Jacksonville. I think the Steelers are banged up, they have yet to really get the passing game going, and their D has been bending uncharacteristically. That gives the Jags ground game hope, and all Garrard has to do is not lose the game for them. 20-17.

No comments: