Sunday, November 16, 2008

Football Picks

Okay, so we haven't been on the ball lately, what with my working and Derek playing the proud papa. However, as of our last count, Derek is up by three as the result of a horrifying week by me.

The last time we published, Derek only managed to for 3 for 5, but that beat my 0-5. So I need to pick up a few this week or we'll get out of hand quickly.

On to the picks:

Derek

Denver @ Atlanta
Atlanta. Denver seems to be sinking. Their offense has not been the same as it was earlier in the year. Atlanta on the other hand has been a big surprise this year. I’ll go with the rookie QB he should have a good game against a bad team. 24-14

Chicago @ Green Bay
Green Bay. The Packers are another team not doing as well has they were earlier in the season. However I still don’t think Chicago is that good of team and I think Aaron Rodgers will pick it up at home. 17-13

Minnesota @ Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay. A good D versus a great RB. This all boils down to ball control and I think Garcia will be able to manage the game perfectly. 17-14

Dallas @ Washington
Dallas. Romo’s back but I don’t think he will be the only difference in this game. The NFC East is due for a shake up and this game is the beginning. 28-10

San Diego @ Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh. San Diego just does not have it this year. Roethlisberger will try to take a step back and control the game. 27-14

Loren

Denver @ Atlanta
Denver. Don't buy this stuff about Denver's offense sinking. They went cold for a while but pulled it back together at the tail end of the Denver game. They've had to incorporate a number of new players into the offense due to injuries and that normally takes a couple of weeks. They will be hitting on all cylinders against an inexperienced Atlanta defense that will play too far of fthe receivers. Cutler should have a big day and Denver gets a win to keep them ahead in the pathetic AFC West. 35-17

Chicago @ Green Bay
Green Bay. This was a game I looked at closely as a possible game to pick up on Derek. I'm behind and I'm going to have to go out on a couple of limbs to get back into it. However, this ain't the game. A healthier Aaron Rogers at home with the Lambeau crowd spells doom for a
Chicago team that is inconsistent at best. 27-21

Minnesota @ Tampa Bay
Minnesota. This is going to be a tough game, but I think Minnesota will be able to win the time-of-posession battle. Peterson looks like he's got his legs back under him, and as long as Frerotte doesn't make too many mistakes...OMG, I can't believe I'm betting on Frerotte on the road. Someone shoot me now. 24-9

Dallas @ Washington
Washington. Dallas' defense is blaming everyone but themselves. Yes, Romo will help on offense, but I see Washington throwing the kitchen sink at him, knocking him down at every opportunity, and testing his hand to see if he really can throw on a line with the injured finger. Portis should have a good game, but I think it will be Cooley, Moss, and Randall-El that have the really big games against the soft secondary in Dallas. Plus it's a home game so the Skins get the nod. 31-30

San Diego @ Pittsburgh
Pitt. It doesn't seem likely that the Chargers can get back on track against one of the harder hitting defenses in the league. The best sub-plot for me is Tomlinson against Polamalu. I love the commercial showing them both growing up then going at each other in the pros, and even though Tomlinson seems to have lost a step this year, it's still good to see these powerful guys play some smash-mouth. 27-17

No comments: