Monday, February 1, 2010

2010 Roofball World Championships

This past Sunday, 1.31.10, both Loren and I played in the 2010 Roofball World Championships. This marked the 11th World Championship. With a write up posted on at http://www.roofball.org/ I'll concentrate on Loren and I.

I started the day throwing last in the second game. I started off well throwing back to back pings and taking an early lead. I let the score get within 2 before hitting an around to get a double digit lead again. I won my first game, only scoring 30 points a personal all time low for a first game.

Loren came rushing out of the gate in his first game throwing an around and two pings. He finished his game with a career best 46. However he had to settle for a wild card spot since Casey Campbell threw a 50 to win the game.

All of this ended in Loren and I playing in the same game in round 2, along with Roofball creator Adam Willis. Loren started out the game by throwing an over, good for Adam and I terrible for Loren. However only Loren could hit a ping before the 5th inning. After 7 innings the score was tied between Loren and I at 10 while Adam had 8. That's when Adam decided enough was enough and hit pings in his last 3 throws. Loren hit one and I could only yell at the ball each time it hit inches below the pole.

With that Loren and I were out of the tournament. We were interviewed together after the game. Besides giving up a bevy of reasons why we failed, we did get to promote the show, blog, website, and twitter account before they turned the mic away from us.

Despite the monumental fail. We did had a good time, heck it's roofball it's hard not to have a good time. But I'll tell you this, I have a plan...


Derek

No comments: