Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super what now?

OK folks it's time for our Super Bowl picks. This really has no bearing on our pick'em challenge since I can't win no matter what I do here.


New Orleans @ Indianapolis


Derek - Indianapolis. Sure I'm going against the sentimental favorite but heck I'd like to go out on a winning note. The Colts are just a plain juggernaut right now, or heck all year. They really have not lost a game that they decided to play. Sure the Colts D might give up 30+ points, but Manning and co. will score 40+. I don't think it's going to be a competitive game.

Loren - New Orleans. I have nothing to worry about with my pick, so I may as well go with heart instead of head (and pull some reasons out of my butt about how the Saints can actually win this game). First, the Saints are the scrappier of the two teams. They are never out of a game and they have the will and firepower to overcome 20 point deficits. Second, they are riding a wave of goodwill not seen in a Super Bowl since, well, ever. Ninety percent of the country is firmly rooting for the Saints and that is some serious good vibes heading their directions. Third, and most importantly, you should never bet against a Saint.

No comments: