Friday, January 7, 2011

NFL Playoffs Round 1

I begin the playoffs down two. The pressure mounts.

New Orleans at Seattle
Loren – New Orleans. I don’t think I even need to say anything here.
Derek – New Orleans. The Saints do have to travel a long way, have one day less to prepare and Qwest is a difficult place to play. So yeah they should win by 24+.

New York Jets at Indianapolis
Loren – Indianapolis. This pick scares me, but I want to force Derek to think about taking the Jets. I figure Manning is good for at least one playoff win, especially considering it looks like he’s gelling with his battered receiving corps. Unfortunately, Garcon looked tired last week and the Jets will put Cromartie on him. That match up could decide the game.
Derek – Indianapolis. Since I’m behind I could talk myself into the Jets but I just think Manning is too good against the Jets to lose this one.

Baltimore at Kansas City
Loren – Baltimore. KC just won’t be able to sustain enough scoring drives to keep up with the Ravens.
Derek – Baltimore. I think the Ravens are going to be able to stop the Chiefs running game and will score just enough to win an ugly one.

Green Bay at Philadelphia
Loren – Green Bay. I like the momentum the Packers have headed into the playoffs, while the Eagles ended their season with two straight losses. Yes, they weren’t playing full strength against Dallas, but you don’t want to give the mental edge to the other team, particularly when Green Bay is coming off two huge wins and Rodgers is throwing darts.
Derek – Philadelphia. Well I have to pick on different, might as well be the team with the QB playing for a big contact.

2 comments:

Joseph Sandiego said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joseph Sandiego said...

Nailed the Seahawks/Saints prediction!