Saturday, January 15, 2011

NFL Playoffs Round 2

Well the Eagles cost me another game, I'm now down 3. Desperation sinks in.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh
Loren - Pittsburgh. They're rested, they're at home, and they are going to throw the kitchen sink at Flacco. I expect this to be a good game, but I expect the Steelers to win.
Derek – Baltimore. I’m down so I might as well go against Loren when there’s a chance. This should be a good game first one to 21 wins, but it might not take that much.

NY Jets at New England
Loren - New England. Revis and Cromartie won't be enough to slow Brady down. The Jets think the 45-3 loss a few weeks ago stung, wait till the Pats hang 'em out to dry in the playoffs.
Derek – New England. Yeah I think they’re going to win it all.

Green Bay at Atlanta
Loren - Green Bay. This game was the hardest to pick. I like the Falcons ability to control clock, but I don't know if their secondary can handle Rodgers for a full 60 minutes. Odds are against the number 1 seed losing in the divisional round, but the Packers have essentially pulled out three win-or-go-home games in a row.
Derek – Atlanta. Home team that plays well in a dome. Number 1 seed on rest. Sound like the way to go for me, they can run it and keep the ball away from Rodgers.

Seattle at Chicago
Loren - Chicago. Last time I made fun of the Seahawks they destroyed the Saints. So I won't make fun of them, but I still don't think they'll win. Frankly, they are not as talented as the other playoff teams and that will catch up to them sooner or later.
Derek – Chicago. Seattle had a lot of advantages last week with the home game. But they are the ones that have to travel this week.

No comments: