Thursday, September 13, 2012

NFL picks week 2

OK week 2 of our NFL picks. We sucked it up last week but Loren sucked a little less than me. He's up by 1 with a stellar record of 3-3.

Chicago at Green Bay
Loren – Green Bay. I’m not buying the hype about Chicago. Forte still has to stay healthy all season and both Cutler and Marshall have to not be boneheads. Something bad is going to happen, like Marshall choking a coach or Cutler just plain choking. Regardless, Green Bay will be out to prove they’re still deadly and they should show up in a big way for a divisional game.
Derek - Green Bay. The Packets losing two in a row? At home? Come on...no really that can't happen can it?

Denver at Atlanta
Loren – Denver. This should be an even tougher test for the Broncos than last week’s win over Pittsburgh. However, the Falcons aren’t running the ball like they should, and a pass heavy attack plays right into Denver’s hands. By which I mean Denver is less likely to get obliterated by a passing attack than they are by a decent ground game. Plus, Manning with another week of gelling with his offense. Me likey.
Derek - Atlanta. I think the Falcons take it in a shoot out. If this was in Denver I'd go the other way.

New Orleans at Carolina
Loren – New Orleans. It’s entirely possible (and I’m hoping so for fantasy purposes) that Newton throws over 400 yards and 4 TD and runs another couple in, and the Panthers still lose. I don’t trust either of these teams from week to week, but the Saints have more experience and weapons.
Derek - New Orleans. I don't think the Saints are as good as I thought they were, sure it was only one game but they didn't have their "stuff" together. But I think they can take down a one man team in the Panthers.

Baltimore at Philadelphia
Loren – Baltimore. The Ravens D is going to eat Philly alive. And I will enjoy watching every minute of it.
Derek - Baltimore. I'll ride the Ravens all year. Will Vick make it out of this game? I'm not so sure.

Detroit at San Francisco
Loren – San Francisco. I’m officially on the 49ers bandwagon. They have a perfect game plan, aren’t afraid of anyone, have the craziest and arguably most intimidating coach, and they have home field advantage in this game.
Derek - San Francisco. Home game out west, that should be enough for me to pick them. Plus you know the 49ers are pretty good and everything. Man they could walk into the playoffs win only one or two loses. Dare I say zero? But Stafford will throw for over 350 yards again.

NY Jets at Pittsburgh
Loren – Pittsburgh. Sanchez is no Manning. When the Jets are down 20 at halftime, how loud will the chanting be for Tebow? Not as loud as it will be for Sanchez once they see Tebow in action.
Derek - Pittsburgh. The Jets come back to earth day. Yeah, I still don't they they're good and I won't be surprised if they score less than 20 for the next 5 games.

No comments: