Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Conferance Champtionship games



Damn you Denver Broncos! One game away from going 8 for 8 in the playoffs. Oh well, I’ll try to get my Super Bowl picks right.

Standings
Derek 75-35
Loren 59-51

San Francisco at Atlanta
Loren – San Francisco. Atlanta has been living on the edge all season, close game after lucky bounce after kind call. It’s time for the luck to run out. I bet against Kaepernick last week and paid for it. Atlanta should be a tougher test for him, but he can still use his legs to extend plays and pick up first downs. No big mistakes and San Francisco plays in the Super Bowl.
Derek – San Francisco. At the beginning of the year I picked Atlanta to play in the Super Bowl, you think I’d feel good about that pick being the #1 seed and hosting the conference championship game…but…well…hmm. Now I’m not sure, we just saw what Seattle was able to do to the Falcons, and I think the 49ers have a better offense. Then again the Falcons just played against a similar styled QB. I think the 49ers will be too explosive on the offensive side of the ball and Vernon Davis will have a field day, heck did you see what Miller, Seattle’s TE did? Oh yeah, how many Oregonians want to see the Jacquizz/LaMichael theme played out in this one?

Baltimore at New England
Loren – New England. Why would we bet against New England now? Yeah, Baltimore showed heart last week. The Pats, though, execute much cleaner than the Broncos. If the Ravens can’t get pressure on Brady, they’re doomed. Baltimore will need a run oriented game, control the clock and limit New England’s opportunities, keep Brady off balance, and play without mistakes. That’s a lot to ask.
Derek – New England. I also picked the Pats to play in the Super Bowl this year and I really don’t see why I’d change it now. I think they can score on the Ravens and hold Ray Rice to a minimal game. Since the Pats have incorporated a faster pace on offense they’ve averaged 13 more positions a game, that’s giving Tom Brady 13 more plays to beat you with.

No comments: