Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Super Bowl picks



I’m doing well in the playoffs with a 8-2 mark. The Ravens made both Loren and I look silly holding the Pats to 13 points. Oh well on to our Super picks.

Standings
Derek 76-36
Loren 60-52

Loren – Baltimore. I have no clear cut reason why I think the Ravens will win. Some years you can simply look objectively at the two teams and know that the better team will win, like last year with the Giants and Patriots. Wait, bad example. More like in 2008, when it was the Giants and Patriots. Shoot, that doesn’t work either. I guess it’s not that easy, at least when those two teams match up. I guess I’m going with the Ravens because I still haven’t forgiven the 49ers for the beat down they gave the Broncos in 1990. Yes, I’m bitter 23 years later.
Derek – San Francisco. I think these teams are evenly matched. Solid on both sides of the ball. One QB can throw deep one can take it the distance on any play. But looking at everything from a high level I’d say the 49ers have the better team overall. I think Kaepernick will win the MVP and jump into the some deranged 49er fans pantheon of great QBs.

No comments: