Sunday, October 25, 2009

NFL Pick 'em - Week 7




Wow what a disastrous week for me last week. I thought I’d play some catch up but instead go drilled on every pick. I was down three now I’m down seven. Enough said.


Miami at New Orleans


Derek

New Orleans. Sure I’d like to take my team here. They are coming off a bye week and have played well lately. But have you seen NO offense? The Dolphins only chance is to control the ball for 45 mins like they did with Indy, but they still lost that game.


Loren

New Orleans. Unless the Saints over-think this game it should be a walk in the park. The Saints just have too many weapons for a Dolphins team that controls clock but doesn't score effectively. But Ronnie Brown can have a big fantasy day right? Right?


San Francisco at Houston


Derek

San Francisco. I should go with the home team, but it’s gong to be close. Gore should be back and the 49ers have had the bye week to prepare. Couple that with the fact that I need to catch up to Loren I have to pick my spots. Oh and Crabtree is playing. So yeah I’ve talked my self into it.


Loren

Houston. There are two games this week I'm a little conflicted about and this is one of them. I agree with Derek, the 49ers are a good team and the bye week makes them scary. But I still think that Houston is getting ready to go on one of those mid-season tears, like they seem to do every year, and they're at home.


Minnesota at Pittsburgh


Derek

Minnesota. This should be a great game, could come down to the last play. But the Steelers have not played like the Steelers much and I’ll have to take the undefeated team.


Loren

Pittsburgh. Let me state the absurdly obvious; Minnesota will lose at least one game this year. The Vikings are not the same caliber of team as the Patriots team that went undefeated. Now, look at this week; on the road, either the best or second best defense they've faced all year, best offense they've faced all year, and the Steelers will likely have their defensive compass back in the form of Troy Polamalu. I smell 6 and 1.


Atlanta at Dallas


Derek

Atlanta. Big D just does not look good, they seem to be stepping up their efforts to be called the most unorganized organization in football, too bad for them they have to go a ways to beat out Oakland.


Loren

Atlanta. I can't wait to see the Falcons dance the dirty bird on the Dallas star. Maybe Jerry Jones will have a conniption in his luxury box and his facelift scars will pop. He'll be wheeled out on a stretcher looking like Pizza the Hut. These are my dreams, don't mock me for them.


Chicago at Cincinnati


Derek

Chicago. This could be a tougher game than I think, I just need to see a bit more out of the Tiger pups before I become a believer. That and I think the Bears are a darn good team on both sides of the ball.


Loren

Chicago. The Bears are quickly discovering their identity, and they've done it with a really difficult schedule. They have a modest record of 3-2 but they are 15 points from undefeated and their only losses are to Atlanta and Green Bay. They also beat the Steelers by holding their offense to 14 points. This is also a revenge game after being outplayed last week. Don't make the Bears angry, you wouldn't like them when they're angry.

No comments: