Friday, September 24, 2010

Week 3 NFL Picks

Here we are for another week of NFL picks. I was down 1 after week one and I would have tied it back up if not for a Redskin meltdown. So I find myself down two after two weeks. On to the picks.


Tennessee at NY Giants

Loren - Tennessee. I've got to think that the Titans are going to break out one of these weeks, and if Young is going to find a rhythm it will be against a weak Giants secondary. Plus, you know, Chris Johnson.

Derek - NY Giants. I think the Giants are going to have a nice comeback game from last week's mess. They have the D to make Tennessee one dimensional and I don't think Young has looked very good lately.


Dallas at Houston

Loren - Houston. The Texans (dumbest team name in sports) have all the momentum and the Cowboys have all the questions. Great intrastate rivalry with the Texans poised to take over top dog status.

Derek - Houston. I'd like to say the Cowboys are going to turn it around, but I'll take the hot team that proved something last week.


Atlanta at New Orleans

Loren - New Orleans. If Turner were fully healthy I'd be tempted to take the Falcons. The Saints are hemorrhaging yards up the middle and Turner is all power. But he's not and Sean Payton is a sharp coach. They'll figure a way to plug the middle and come out on top in this one.

Derek - New Orleans. Brees at home. That is all.


Indianapolis at Denver

Loren - Denver. I'm probably just goofily giving Derek a freebie here. Moreno won't be playing but, at this point, Buckhalter is a bigger threat off the slant or screen and I see Denver putting it in the air quite a bit. Bob Sanders is out and Demaryius Thomas is showing everyone what a big strong target he is. Still, I'm really just being a homer.

Derek - Indianapolis. I think this would be a massacre if it were in Indy, but it's in Denver so it'll only be somewhat lopsided.


NY Jets at Miami

Loren - Miami. I think the Jets are more likely to have drastic swings their quality of play on a weekly basis. The Dolphins are more consistent and look like they are getting better every week.

Derek - Miami. Dolphins look better than expected on the defensive side. The Jets just aren't as good as everyone, but me, thought they'd be. Miami swept them last year and plays them tough in Miami, especially this time of year.


Green Bay at Chicago

Loren - Green Bay. Other than the Broncos/Colts, this is the game I'm looking forward to most. Should be high scoring, lots of passing yards, big hits, and general NFC North mayhem. Cutler is going to have a much better year this year than last, but Green Bay is going to be a total Juggernaut this year. Rodgers is going to make his case this year for being in the same breath as Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady.

Derek - Green Bay. Good old fashioned NFC North game. Green Bay can make up for their injured runner while Chicago can't make up for Cutler.

No comments: