Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week 4 NFL picks

Well here we are in week 4 and after Loren and I split last weeks games I find myself in a usual place. Two picks down. Lets see if I can make up any ground this week.

Denver at Tennessee

Derek - Tennessee. I'm going t ogo with the home team here, I don't think either of these teams are that great and I know Young has had some trouble but I don't see Denver doing much on the ground.

Loren - Tennessee. I learned my lesson last week: don't be a homer. I likely won't remember that for very long, but it should keep me from losing ground this week.


Baltimore at Pittsburgh

Derek - Baltimore. I may be going out on a bit of a limb here but I don't think Pittsburgh can keep doing what they've been doing with Batch at QB. I still think the Ravens are a Super Bowl caliber team. I guess we'll find out.

Loren - Pittsburgh. The Steelers haven't lost yet, and they know they just need to win this week before they go into the bye and get Roethlisberger back. They have the home crowd on their side, too.


Washington at Philadelphia

Derek - Philadelphia. McNabb is back in town but his team isn't that good and Vick is having a mini resurgence right now. The Eagle fans should cheer McNabb in the intro boo him while playing and go home happy with the W.

Loren - Philadelphia. Too much offense, too hard to contain Vick, and a tough crowd on the road; Eagles going away.


Arizona at San Diego

Derek - San Diego. I know the Chargers arn't on top of their game right now but we all know that's going to change. The Cards are searching for something to get them going but they aren't going to find it here.

Loren - San Diego. Really? This game? I can't think of one positive thing to say about the Cardinals except I'm being forced to start Derek Anderson at QB2 in a fantasy league so I hope he has a big day. Yes, I'm preparing for a loss.


Chicago at NY Giants

Derek - Chicago. I like the Giants at home but I think the Bears are playing really well right now, not blowing teams away but finding big plays when needed. They'll put together another close win.

Loren - Chicago. The Giants aren't nearly as good as the Packers and the Bears hung in for the win last week. As long as Cutler doesn't get turnover happy...wait, now I'm second guessing myself...


New England at Miami

Derek - Miami. The Dolphins blew it for both Loren and I last week, but showed they can pass when needed. The pats D isn't that strong against the pass and Miami will be able to throw on New England to put up some points. If the O doesn't make mistakes they could win easy, but the main factor is the game is in South Florida.

Loren - New England. The Dolphins aren't ready to make the leap yet, and the Patriots aren't ready to give up the crown. Yes, there are serious defensive concerns for the Pats, but the Dolphins can't hang with them on offense and that receiving corps is going to have a field day.


No comments: