Saturday, October 16, 2010

NFL Week 6 picks

No more Dallas picks for me. I'm now down three.

Miami at Green Bay

Derek - Green Bay. I'm staying away from picking my own team. Rodgers should play and that right there should be enough to beat the Fins and start the end to their season.

Loren - Green Bay. I'm only taking the Pack because the game is at Lambeau. The Pack haven't taken the step to become an elite team like I thought they would, but beating a tough Miami team might give them the momentum they need.

Baltimore at New England

Derek - Baltimore. Perhaps I should know by now to stay away from my preseason picks. But I'm going to stick with the Ravens, I think they are learning to be a more offensive team and we'll see that in a few weeks.

Loren - New England. Pats at home and I actually think they'll have a more rounded offense without Moss demanding touches. Also, Hobo Bill will shake up his D a bit like he usually does when they're underperforming. No one commands his players to give all they have like Hobo Bill.

NY Jets at Denver

Derek - NY Jets. While Denver is a tough place to play, they are nothing more than a mid range team, if that. You should know by now I'm not a Jets fan but they are clearly the better team in this case.

Loren - NY Jets. I'd love to take my Broncos, especially considering the kind of year Orton is having. However, Lloyd and Gaffney will be blanketed by Revis and Cromartie. Denver has no running game to speak and a long day in front of them.

Dallas at Minnesota

Derek - Minnesota. Jeez who thought that both of these teams would have 1-3 records right now. I really have no idea what team to pick. So i'm going against my preseason pick here. Yup it's all science now.

Loren - Minnesota. Better talent, even if Favre is not playing. AP can put this team on his back for at least one game. Though, he hasn't done it yet this year. Hmmm....

Indianapolis at Washington

Derek - Indianapolis. I'm about 99% sure I'm taking the Colts for the rest of the year. I think Peyton will lead this team to big things this year, they've faced some adversity already and that's going to get them far this season.

Loren - Indianapolis. The Redskins are too inconsistent to pick them against a team like Indy. I like the 'Skins to come out of the NFC East, but I don't think they're ready to beat one of the upper echelon AFC teams.

Tennessee at Jacksonville

Derek - Tennessee. I think this could be a closer game than some folks think. That being said, or is it typed, the Titans are the better team and should be able to run all over the Jags.

Loren - Jacksonville. The Titans aren't as good as people think they are, and the Jags are better than people realize. Jags are at home on a two game win streak having taken out Indy and the Bills. The Titans have alternated wins and losses this season. Last game? Win.

No comments: