Saturday, October 23, 2010

NFL Picks Week 7

Well Loren and I broke even last week, because the Ravens let the Pats back in to the game, idiots! Anyway...I'm still down by three.

Washington at Chicago

Derek - Chicago. Both these teams are hit and miss. I trust the Bears D and the return game at home.

Loren - Chicago. If the visiting team has a negative point differential and the home team has a positive point differential, you take the home team.

Philadelphia at Tennessee

Derek - Tennessee. Jackson being out of the game is going to have a bigger effect than some think. But this comes down to the Titans D and the RB of theirs.

Loren - Tennesse, The Titans are finally on a roll after being up and down in the early going. I trust their ability to control the clock via the ground game not give up the home run ball.

Pittsburgh at Miami

Derek - Pittsburgh. I'm a Fins fan but I'm not tooooo dumb. The Steelers are the better team and Big Ben is back. Strange note, if the Dolphins lose this one they'll be 0-3 at home and 3-0 on the road.

Loren - Pittsburgh. I'd like to take Miami this week but the Steelers D is just to much. Throw in an offense that clearly responded to the return of Roethlisberger and it's a no brainer.

New England at San Diego

Derek - New England. This could be a trap game but I've got to go with the better team. Brady can lead the Pats through what has become a suspect D and the Chargers O doesn't look that great so far.

Loren - New England. Who would have thought the Chargers would be in last place in the AFC West at this point in the year? But if you have mental lapses (and coverage lapses) on D, an ineffective ground game, and Norv Turner as your coach...it all adds up or, in this case, subtracts down.

Minnesota at Green Bay

Derek - Green Bay. The Packers aren't going to lose two in a row at home. And the crowed will be ALLLLLLLLLL over the Vikings.

Loren - Green Bay. I really tried to talk myself into the Vikings here. They have slightly better defensive numbers, They're coming off a big win and a bye week to prepare. They're offense is better with the addition of Moss. But I don't trust Favre in a close game and I think this might be close. Lambeau give the edge. Plus, I don't want to violate the rule I laid out in the Washington/Chicago game.

NY Giants at Dallas

Derek - NY Giants. I'm officially off the Dallas bandwagon, they screwed me over too much so I'm going with the Giants. Manning can gash the 'Boys D and I think he will.

Loren - Giants. I wish I could pick at least one different team this week but unfortunately I just don't believe any of the other teams are going to win their games. The Cowboys are terrible most of the time and when they're good on offense they're getting killed on defense, and vice versa. I don't trust the Giants that much either but at this point I have to take them over the Cowboys.

No comments: