Friday, October 8, 2010

NFL Pick 'Em - Week 5

Derek and I split last week's games, with Derek correctly calling Baltimore over Pittsburgh while I got the benefit of his homer pick of Miami over New England. That means we head into this week's games with me in the lead by 2.

Green Bay @ Washington


Loren - Green Bay. Yes, the Pack barely escaped Detroit last week while the 'Skins put a licking on a good Philly team, but I think the Packers come out a little more prepared and with their egos a little more in check. I see another big game for Rodgers.


Derek -Green Bay. I think there's a better team here and I'm going to pick the Packers. They seem to be on the verge of going on a great run, I don't think the Redskins can hand with them all four quarters.

Denver @ Baltimore


Loren - Baltimore. Here's the thing, if I pick Denver they lose and if I pick their opponent they win. So I'm hedging my bets here hoping my reverse jinx will hold true but at the same time picking the team that seems most likely to win this game. Seriously, though, the Ravens secondary isn't anywhere near as good as past years and Orton has been on fire this year. Don't be surprised to see the Broncos miraculously pull this one out on the road.


Derek -Baltimore. Seriously, though Baltimore should win this game hands down. Come on this has to be the easy game of the week right, right?

Kansas City @ Indianapolis


Loren - Indianapolis. It's been a good run for the Chiefs, but all good things come to an end. The Colts are going to decimate the Chiefs and tarnish that unbeaten luster.


Derek -Indianapolis. Peyton + Mad + Determined = Big win. I'm not sure what the spread is in this game but I'd take the Colts all the way, I don't think this one is going to be close.

NY Giants @ Houston


Loren - Houston. One of the harder games to pick this week. Which Houston team will show up? Which Giants team will show up? I like the Texans (dumbest team name in all of sports) to pull it together this week, figure out a way to stop the Giants bull rush, and make some big plays down field.


Derek -Houston. Loren's right this is the hard game to pick this week I can see it going either way but I think Mario Williams can get to Manning and I think Andrea Johnson will have a big day.

Tennessee @ Dallas


Loren - Tennessee. I see the Titans finally gelling this week against a Dallas team that has spent their bye week trying to figure out a host of questions about their team. Chris Johnson has to break loose at some point and while the Dallas run D is better than average, you know CJ is chomping at the bit to get a big game under his belt.


Derek -Dallas. I might as well stick to the Cowboy bandwagon. It's a home game for a team that needs to win and playing at home, I think they can gang up on Johnson and make Young beat them.

Minnesota @ NY Jets


Loren - Minnesota. It may sound silly, but my pick for this game changed with the Moss trade. It's not that I think Moss has a game changing performance for the Vikes, but his acquisition has given pep to a team in need of a boost. A new attitude and a new weapon for Favre translate to win on the road against a tough team.


Derek -Minnesota. Again I'm taking the team that just came off the bye week, I'm not sure who's going to do it but I won't be surprised if Peterson runs through the Jets D.

No comments: