Sunday, December 21, 2008

More NFL Picks - It's Almost Like it Matters!

Okay, so now I'm down by 7 or so. The saying is true, you can't dig your way out of a hole. So this week I shall rise above, and climb out of this pit so that I'm in a slighly less deep hole next week.

Here's the picks:


Derek

Pittsburgh at Tennessee
Pittsburgh. Normally I take the home team or the team with the better record but I'll take the team here that seems to be pulling games out the butts. The Steelers D can stop the Titans running game and force Collins to win it. That's good enough for me. 17-14

Atlanta at Minnesota
Atlanta. Why stop picking them now. Not much of a home field advantage since both teams are dome teams. I'll pick the young QB versus the crappy QB. 24-14

Carolina at New York Giants.New York. Wow really tough game to pick. I'll take the Giants D at home. That's my deciding factor. I think they can stop the Williams/Stewart combo. 21-13

Arizona at New England
New England. Slim pickens this week for games. I'll go with the consistant team who is blowing folks out lately at home. Do you realize that if New York and Miami win this week that means the Patriots will be out of the playoffs even though they could finish 11-5. And I for one say YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! 35-28.

Philidelphia at Washington
Philidelphia. Once again I'll take the team that is winning games of late. McNabb seems to be back in gear and the D should be able to hold a one deminsional team to minimal points. 24-10

Loren

Pitt @ Tennessee
Tennesse. I've got to pick against Derek whenever there is even a small chance of victory, so I'll take the home team even though they are missing a key defensive stopper in Haynesworth.

Atlanta @ Minnesota
Minnesota. I used Derek's logic last week and it bit me in the butt. Yes, I realize I'm picking Tavaris Jackson's team based on his performance from last week. God help me. The best part of this game, though, is two guys reaching for the rushing title. Watching these elite runners, assuming you can actually see the game, should be fantastic.

Carolina @ Giants
Carolina. Why not? They're on a hot streak, they have more weapons than the Giants, and they're not afraid of anyone. Do I think they'll win? No. Do I think they have a chance? Yes.

Arizona @ New England
Pats. This is actually an interesting matchup seeing as the Pats secondary is slow of foot. However, that hasn't stopped them from playing well as a unit so far. The bottom line is that the Cards just don't have the defensive talent to hang in there against upper eschelon teams. They just have to be thankful they play in the atrocious NFC West.

Philly at Washington
Philly. I could take Washington here and feel good about it, because it's about time for the Eagles to bone a game they should win. But the Redskins haven't played up to their potential so far this year, why would they start now? Oh, yeah, because I'm picking against them.

No comments: