Sunday, December 7, 2008

How about some more NFL Picks?

Contrary to Derek's assertion last week, I did pick up a game last week. I correctly called Pittsburgh over the Pats, so that leaves the deficit for me at 4. Derek's note. Poor Loren must be confused the comments I made on the week 13 picks obviously refer to week 12 when he went O for 5 and I went 1 for 5, giving me a 5 pick lead. Last week we both went 2 for 5. So I still have a 5 pick lead. Yippie!

On to this week's picks.

Derek

Atlanta @ New Orleans
Atlanta. Ok for a few weeks now I have been picking against the Falcons until they proved to me they could keep it up. Well I think they have done it. Both of these teams are dome teams so expect a high scoring game. 38-31

Miami @ Buffalo
Miami. Buffalo has faltered down the stretch. Miami has played winning football but not great. This game is inside in Toronto, so the Bills home field advantage is out the door. Low scoring game, but the Fins D will stop Lynch. 21-13

Dallas @ Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh. I’m on the Dallas bandwagon but playing in Steal town is a tough task. Pitts D is good enough to hold Big D to a minimal amount of points. 24-14

Tampa Bay @ Carolina
Carolina. The Panthers are one of the few teams I think can run on Tampa Bay. And I don’t think the Bucs O can score versus the Panthers D. 17-6

Washington @ Baltimore
Baltimore. Baltimore is really turning it around right now at the perfect time. They can actually pass the ball for the first time since…ok well this might be the first time. 24-13


Loren

Atlanta @ N.O.
Saints. Since I need to pick up a couple games, this seems like a good opportunity. I'm still not sold completely on Atlanta, and I think the Saints will play with a chip on their shoulder after the loss to Tampa. 35-31

Miami @ Buffalo
Miami. I hate the fact that this is in Toronto, and the Dolphins historically play poorly in cold conditions. However, the Bills are fading and the Dolphins are still playing with confidence. 27-10
Dallas @ Pitt
Steelers. Derek is right, playing in Pittsburgh is tough. The Steelers D has been playing lights out, and the offense is gelling too. This is a dangerous game, though, because Dallas has all the right pieces on offense playing the right way. 31-27

Tampa @ Carolina
Carolina. Tampa is for real, but the Carolina offense is multi-dimensional. They will be able to throw so many looks at the Bucs that they get some open space. Tampa's cover 2 D isn't designed to stop the run, and their front line should get moved around just enough to let Carolina run. 24-12

Washington @ Baltimore
Washington. The Redskins are hit and miss, and it's about time for them to hit. The Ravens are due to get a rookie game from Flacco, and that usually spells a win for the other team. 21-10

No comments: