Saturday, December 13, 2008

NFL Picks - Week Whatever

Okay, so not only can I not pick games correctly, I can't read Derek's posts and apply simple logic to them.

The end result here is that I'm still 5 down. As long as I'm down, I get to see Derek's picks first, but he gets to choose the games. Elway, I'm sorry, but it looks like I'll be donning the Marino jersey soon.

Here's the picks:

Derek

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta.
Atlanta. Dang these guys. I pick against them all year saying they have to proove it, but then when I finally pick them they stink it up. I'll stick with them since they should be able to run on Tampa like Carolina did. Plus it's a home game. 24-14

Green Bay @ Jacksonville
Jacksonville. Two disappointing teams. I'll go with Jacksonville because they are the home team. I think they will be able to run and control the ball enough to squick out the win. 14-13

Minnesota @ Arizona
Arizona. Minni is playing for their playoff lives. Arizona is already in. I'll again take the home team and the soon to be three time MVP Kurt Warner. I can't believe it. 31-20

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore.
Pittsburgh. Both teams are playing well right now. Both teams have a great D. I'll take the team that won't turnover the ball as much and knows who their RB will be. 13-10

New York Giants @ Dallas
Giants. The boys are doing nothing right, right now. The G-men will take this one easily. 24-14


Loren

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
Tampa: If I have to start picking against Derek, it might as well be against an inconsistent team like Atlanta, playing a veteran defense like Tampa.

Green Bay @ Jacksonville
Green Bay: Derek's right, these teams are disappointing. I happen to think that Green Bay has more talent over all, but it's a risk picking them on the road. I'll go with Green Bay in a very competitive game.

Minnesota @ Arizona
Arizona: I fully expect Peterson to have a huge game (I need Peterson to have a huge game to give me a shot at $100) but Arizona should find the end zone more often than Minny.

Pitt @ Baltimore
Pitt: This is a dangerous game for the Steelers. They are still working Parker back in, they're coming off two big game wins, so they may be emotionally flat. Baltimore is a team you can't sleep on, so Pitt has to find some fire. I think they will, and it will likely come from their defense as it usually does.

Giants @ Dallas
Giants. I don't think this will be that easy of a game. But I agree that NY should get the victory. Dallas is very talented, but they are internally divisive and cancerous. In other words, they are a team finding ways to beat themselves.

No comments: