Sunday, January 18, 2009

NFL Picks

Here we are, tied going into the Conference Championship weekend. As usual, we are tied due to an extraordinarily high rate of suck at picking the winners.

Onward to fail:

Derek

Philadelphia @ Arizona
Philadelphia. For weeks I've been saying that the Cards are the worst team in the playoffs. So far I've been proven wrong. But in this case I'll take a team whose D can play with the Cards O. I'll say Westbrook breaks two big plays and McNabb has one. This will be enough to get past the Cards. 27-24

Baltimre @ Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh. For me this was one tough pick. I've liked the Ravens for awhile (yes I picked them to lose, but it was to my Dolphins team) and their D has played beyond great. That being said the Steelers D is no slouch and will hold the Ravens running game to less than 50 yards and passing less than 200. I don't think the Ravens will be able to score more than 10 points on O, I think their D will set up a score but... 24-13.

Loren

Philly @ Arizona
'Zona. I'm taking the home team because, in part, they seem to blessed. Somebody is looking out for this team. Getting Boldin back isn't going to hurt, either. And if were to bet on who would be consistently decent over the course of the playoffs, I'd have to lay money on Warner over McNabb.

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
Steelers. The Ravens have not yet been tested by a D as dominating and fast as the Steelers, except perhaps their own in practice. Wait, am I talking myself out of this pick? Nah, with the defenses being equal, I'll stick with the big play ability of Washington and Ward over anything the Ravens have on offense.

No comments: