Saturday, January 10, 2009

Playoff picks round 2

So first round of playoffs are over and Loren is up 2 to 1. I encourage everyone to check out our next show running from 1.16 and 1.30, you’ll get to see Loren sporting a fine Marino jersey. Anyway on to the picks.

Derek

Baltimore @ Tennessee
Baltimore. Sure, sure I’m taking the underdog with a rookie QB that is playing an away game. However I’ve seen the Ravens last few games and I’m not sure anyone can score more than 10 points on this team I also think the Ravens D will either score or set up an easy score. Plus Ed Reed. 17-10

Arizona @ Carolina
Carolina. Out of the eight teams left Arizona is the one that does not fit. This should be the easiest pick of the week. Carolina will hold the Cards D to a reasonable sum with the help of their running game. 21-17

Charges @ Steelers
Steelers. Pretty much the same thing as Loren says below. 26-13

Philadelphia @ New York Giants
Giants. Can Philly beat the Giants in NY two times in a month. I say no. Theses teams know each other better than most. I’ll take the defending champion, home team, better team. 24-14

Loren

Baltimore @ Tennessee
Tennessee. They've been getting it done all year, and there's no reason to think they'll stop now. I give all the credit in the world to the Raven's D and Joe Flacco for playing at an incredibly high level, but the bubble will burst at some point, and it's likely to be a team that can control the clock, limit mistakes, and run the ball (even against that stellar defense).

Arizona @ Carolina
Carolina. Both teams can score, but only one has a real shot at playing defense. I love the resurgent Kurt Warner story line, but the Panthers are good. Really good. I expect a monster day from Delhomee, and when the defense drops back to cover the pass, Carolina will carve them up with DeAngelo Williams.

Chargers @ Steelers
Steelers. Home crowd, vicious D, well coached, experience. I guess the only thing left to say is that Norv Turner is "leading" the other team.

Eagles @ Giants
Giants. Philly will come up short like it usually does, only this time they won't necessarily beat themselves. They won't have to because NY is good enough to take what Philly can throw at them and punch back harder. The Giants have had a nice rest and I expect them to punish the Eagles with a steady dose of Jacobs, and just when they're out of breath, here come Ward or Bradshaw to slice through the line. I don't think it will even be close.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want apologies from both of your jackass predictions! No touchdowns for the "better team" Giants.

Fly Eagles Fly!

-Clint

Derek said...

I'll apologies when you comment before the game. Also didn't you start the year off as a Raiders fan?

Anonymous said...

I don't need to comment before the game. You're the blogger, that's you're bag. I thought the Eagles would win because they were the hot team. Obviously I wanted the Eagles to win, they're my team. I disowned the Raiders as you know. If you are going to run a blog you better use spell check from now on;)

-Clint

Derek said...

Spell check really is not my thing. I think you'll like my new picks though.

Loren said...

Hey Clint,

I sincerely apologize. I apologize that you will have to watch the Eagles get humiliated by the Cardinals. I apologize that you're favorite team resides in a conference where the 9-7 Cards are playing in the title game. And I apologize that McNabb is about to do what he always does about this time of year, go home empty handed.

P.S. Tell Dan that the next time he comes up here dinner's on me. I'll use the money I won from the Fantasty Football pay league. You know, the league that actually matters.

Anonymous said...

Hehe just givin you a hard time Derek;)

Anonymous said...

Loren, you're just sore cause your Broncos committed an epic choke job;) I wasn't going to to go there but you forced me. At least the Eagles made the playoffs. Everything since has been gravy. Anyways, I try not to talk to Dan, but if I do i'll relay the message:)

-Clint