Sunday, November 15, 2009

NFL Pick'em - Week 10

Well I’m still 8 games back after Loren and I went 3-2 last week. I called the Chargers but missed out on the Eagles. Good games this week.

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati


Derek- Pittsburgh. I don’t see too many teams beating the Steelers twice in a year. They are still the cream of the division and the Bengals have to prove it. Troy is back and he’ll keep the Steelers in the game.


Loren - Pittsburgh. The Steelers are playing inspired on both sides of the ball, but so are the Bengals. The Bengals may be slightly more polished offensively, but the Steelers are a much more lethal defensive unit. The Steelers secondary shouldn't have to cheat up to help with the run leaving Palmer with less space to throw to.


Atlanta at Carolina


Derek – Carolina. I’ll go with the home team that can run and control the clock. Turner is going to start slowing down after last years 439,568 carries. Look for the Panthers to play it safe.


Loren - Atlanta. Carolina has shown some signs of life, but the Falcons are just a better team. If they can make any room for Turner to run they should be fine.


Philadelphia at San Diego


Derek – San Diego. The Eagles have to be one of the biggest enigmas in the NFL, can’t beat Oakland or Dallas but take the Giants down. It seems to switch every week, until I see some constancy I can’t pick them.


Loren - San Diego. The Chargers have found an offensive rhythm and they are playing a team with inconsistency issues. Philadelphia has potent weapons but San Diego is more seasoned and consistent.


Dallas at Green Bay


Derek – Green Bay. I’m hoping Dallas’s egg is laid now. Normally they don’t finish strong and I don’t think they are going to play that well in Green Bay. Coming off the big division win I see them slipping.


Loren - Dallas. Don't feel good about this pick, but Green Bay hasn't shown me anything this year. Meanwhile Dallas is riding a mini-wave, getting everyone believing again before they lay a big egg at the end of the season.


New England at Indianapolis. Normally I would take the Colts here but I have to take some chances to catch Loren. This seems as good as beat as any. Wait I’m picking against an undefeated team…


Loren - Indianapolis. Lots of chances for Derek to make up games this week, but this may be his best chance. Indy hasn't been playing that well and has been lucky to pull out a couple of low scoring games. The Patriots want to turn this into a shootout and if Indy doesn't start strong they might be out of it early.

1 comment:

Derek said...

WTF, Belichick just cost me a +3 game week. He turned it into a +1 game week. Possibly the stupidest call I have ever seen.