Thursday, November 19, 2009

NFL Pick'em week 11

Bill Belichick cost me a two games last week. Before he decided to hand Peyton Manning the ball, I was on my way to making up three games by going 5-0, while Loren was at 2-3, but things did not workout in my favor and I ended up only gaining a game. So down 7 games I sit.

Miami at Carolina

Derek – Carolina. I have to agree with Loren here, Ronnie Brown is what makes the Dolphins tick. Perhaps they can figure out a way to pull together and win some, but that will be down the road and not on a short week.

Loren - Carolina. Yep, that’s how important Ronnie Brown is to their offense. He keeps opposing defenses honest; without him teams can put pressure on Henne without fearing the wildcat. It’s going to be a long day for the Dolphins.

Atlanta at New York Giants

Derek – Atlanta. Yeah yeah, they did not look good last week, but the Giants have not looked good in five weeks. Matt Ryan can sling it and I think that will be enough.

Loren – NY. The Falcons are without their top two running backs, but that’s not the worst of it. They are facing a Giants team that responds well to pressure and, man, is there a lot of pressure in NY right now. I expect them to come out with guns blazing and never allow Matt Ryan to establish a rhythm.

Indianapolis at Baltimore

Derek – Indianapolis. Maybe the easiest pick all week, of course that means we’ll get it wrong, sorry for the curse Indy.

Loren – Indianapolis. Until they lose, I have no qualms picking them. Doubly so considering how anemic Baltimore’s offense has been of late.

San Diego at Denver

Derek – Denver. Ugg, I’m picking a team that I thought would have 6 wins tops this season. But hey I have to pick my spots at this point. The Charges always seem to get a raw deal while playing the Broncos, plus it’s played on a mountain or something.

Loren – San Diego. The Broncos are toying with starting Simms at QB, may be without their biggest weapon in Brandon Marshall, and don’t have a reliable running game. This season is quickly slipping away from the Broncos.

Cleveland at Detroit

Derek – Cleveland. The fun pick of the week, who knows who is going to show up. Most likely? No one. I’ll go against Loren here, although he seems to know a lot about bad teams.

Loren – Detroit. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but the Lions aren’t the worst team in the NFL. That doesn’t mean they’ll win this game, but they’ve got a legit chance against the car wreck that is the Cleveland Browns.

No comments: