Thursday, November 26, 2009

NFL Pick'em week 12

Well last week was a blowup for me. Minus 3 and sitting 10 back. Risky picks from here on out. Six games on the ticket this week.


NY Giants at Denver

Derek - NY Giants. Denver has hit a wall, and it's a big wall. Orton might be back, but does that real mean much? I mean think about it, I just said Orton, as in Kyle Orton to the rescue? Come on.

Loren - Giants. I have to think this is about the time the Giants right the ship and take control of the NFC East. The alternative is that the Cowboys run away with the division, and no one wants to see that.


Indianapolis at Houston

Derek - Indianapolis. As I've said before how can I go against them, do they have to lose at some point? Sure. Will it be this week? Maybe. However I'll go with the odds and the better team.

Loren - Indianapolis. Why change a good thing? Odds are with Indy and I haven't built my lead this year by going against the obvious picks. However, Houston does seem to play the Colts tight most years. For fantasy purposes, I hope Manning and Andre Johnson have huge, huge games.


Chicago at Minnesota

Derek - Minnesota. I think this is the easiest game to call this week. Chicago can't get it together, Cutler is falling apart, or has already fell apart. And the Vikes are making a living of beating bad and mediocre teams.

Loren - Minnesota. Derek hit the nail on the head, something bad has happened in Chicago and the Bears are in a tailspin. I had a feeling that life with Cutler wasn't going to be end of the rainbow that Bears fans predicted. In fairness to him, though, a decent wide receiver and a return to form by the defense would help a lot. Not going to happen this week.


Arizona at Tennessee

Derek - Tennessee. The Cards are dong well on the road, however the Titans can control the ball are playing well and Vince yes that Vince is leading the team. Who would have thought.

Loren - Arizona. I have a little bit of a lead so I can take a risk every so often. The Titans are playing with new found confidence, and Young certainly has sparked them. I don't think the Cards will be fooled. Remember, Tennessee's secondary is still suspect and, with the way Beanie Wells is playing, Arizona can now draw them in with the threat of the run.


Pittsburgh at Baltimore

Derek - Baltimore. Tell me that the Ravens D is not going after Big Ben? Headhunting is what it's called I believe, get him out of the game has to be an internal goal.

Loren - Pittsburgh. I guess I'm picking them just to be contrary. I know I should be picking Baltimore, but that's boring. I'll justify this by saying that it's entirely possible for the Steeler's D to win this game without the Steeler's O scoring any points.


New England at New Orleans

Derek - New England. Could this be a preview of the Super Bowl, same teams, same location? Anyway I think New England has a solid complete team, and I don't think they'll make a mistake like they did in Indy again.

Loren - New Orleans. I just realized I'm giving Derek plenty of chances to catch up this week. However, the Saints have a much higher powered offense than even Indy, enough to keep the Pats on their heels all game long. Should be a shootout and likely the most interesting game of the regular season.

2 comments:

LDUTheCoach said...

Love the insight and analysis you provide... ive been following you for awhile now and you really do youre homework.. Keep up the great work!!!

Happy thanksgiving from the Coach and feel free to check out my picks @
http://www.lionsdenu.com/category/sports/nfl-guide-2009-2010/

Pats 31 Saints 30

Anonymous said...

Start believin' in them Saints, son!