Sunday, December 6, 2009

NFL Week 13 Pick'em

I was able to make up one game last week so I still have a long ways to make up and time is running out. Of course there are worse things like Oden going down for the year.



Philadelphia at Atlanta


Derek – Philadelphia . With Matt Ryan out I’m not sure if the Falcons are even a decent team, sure the Eagles are without Westbrook (as always) and Jackson (only decent receiver) but they are used to playing out manned.


Loren - Philadelphia. I'd like to take the Falcons here, but Philly has more overall talent and they need this game so Eagles fans can get excited before Andy Reid and McNabb rip their hearts out again.



Tennessee at Indianapolis


Derek – Indianapolis. Not much to say here, sure the Titans are playing well, but this is the Colts at home.


Loren - Indianapolis. Something's up in Tennessee and this pick doesn't feel safe at all. Are we seeing redemption for Vince Young? Are we seeing the first loss for Indy? Am I hedging my bets in case my pick turns out wrong?



Houston at Jacksonville


Derek – Jacksonville. I think this is the first time this year that we’ve had Jacksonville on the list. For that reason alone I’ll pick them.


Loren - Houston. Lost a heartbreaker to the Colts last week, but I'm convinced this team is on the right track. Big play ability, grind it out back with speed, decent and developing QB, and they know they can win. Just got to put it all together.



Dallas at New York Giants


Derek – Dallas. Dallas is just playing well right now while the Giants are not, sure in a rivalry game like this anyone can win, but that being said what else is there to go on besides your gut feeling.


Loren - Dallas. I so, so badly want to pick the Giants but I just can't. Eli is hurt worse than he's letting on and that loss to Denver was a kick in the teeth. I'm not sure these usually gutty Giants can pull it together this year.



Baltimore at Green Bay


Derek – Green Bay . Not sure why I’m picking Green Bay here. Home game? Maybe. Better record? Not really. Just a feeling.


Loren - Baltimore. I really think Green Bay will win this game, but I'm picking Baltimore just to be contrary, and as self-punishment for getting these picks in late. Hey, the Ravens have a puncher's chance, right?

No comments: