Thursday, December 24, 2009

NFL pick'em week 16

Where am I? Seven games eight games down? Oh jeez, who knows. Only a few weeks left, time to make a move.


San Diego @ Tennessee


Loren – San Diego. I was going to take the Titans until I realized that half their team will miss the rest of the season with injuries. It’s hard to win when your offensive players have to sub on defense.


Derek - San Diego. Titans are winning but so is San Diego, San Diego is better therefore I'll take the Chargers.


Baltimore @ Pittsburgh


Loren – Pittsburgh. Can’t get on the Ravens bandwagon again, even though it looks like their offense may have found an identity with Rice. The Steelers are just willing themselves to the post-season and Tomlin isn’t going to allow his team to lay an egg in this game.


Derek - Baltimore. The Steelers look baaaaaaaad, really baaaaaad, I just mean they look bad, get where I'm going with this one?


Houston @ Miami


Loren – Miami. Can the Dolphins recover from the gut punch last week against the Titans? I wouldn’t be picking (ooh, painful word for Miami fans)... choosing them to win if I didn’t think they could.


Derek - Miami. I'm riding them for the rest of the year. They'll win cause they have to, but it's too late for both of these teams.


Jacksonville @ New England


Loren – New England. It’s about time the Patriots had one of those games where they embarrass the other team and remind fans that this is still an incredibly talented team that can utterly destroy you on any given day. Who better to be on the receiving end than an emotionally drained Jaguars team?


Derek - New England. This is the easy pick of the week, even I could get it right. Well I think so. The Pats are just a plain better team, the Jags will be playing in cold weather.


Denver @ Philadelphia


Loren – Philadelphia. This is a coin toss. I’m effectively punishing myself for being a Broncos fan after their inexcusable loss to the Raiders last week. And since Derek’s in panic mode he has to pick the other team. Go on, Derek, take the Broncos. I dare you.


Derek - Denver. Dare accepted.

No comments: