Friday, November 6, 2009

NFL Pick 'em - Week 9

I made up a game last week on Loren, this might be the first week this season that I won. I'm down 8 now and ready to make a comback. Well I hope so anyway. On to the picks!

Baltimore at Cincinnati

Derek – Baltimore. I agree with Loren regarding the Ravens D, however I’ve never been a huge fan of Flacco, I don’t think he’s bad, I just don’t think he’s the bees knees. Anyway Cincy is a nice team, better then most thought they’d be, but they aren’t going to beat the Ravens twice in a year.

Loren - Baltimore. Baltimore’s D is on a mission and feeling good after handing Denver their first loss. Cincinnati is good, but Flacco is getting better every week and the Ravens feel like they have to show the league just how good their team is.

Carolina at New Orleans

Derek – New Orleans. At this point I’m looking for the loss on the Saints schedule, not offensive based team can go undefeated, so it will come and the Panthers could beat them if you gave them a couple more weeks to get together, but the game is this weekend and the Saints will be too much for them.

Loren - New Orleans. Seriously? There’s a question here? Maybe the over/under for the Saints. I’d put the line at 63.

San Diego at NY Giants

Derek – San Diego. I know I know, I’m taking a huge risk here perhaps not even a calculated risk, but I’ve got games to make up. The Chargers are good right? Right? They can travel across country and play a team that as of two weeks ago was the best in the conference? Right?

Loren - Giants. Giants at home, I’ll take’em despite an improved Charger’s offense. The Giants are tough, gritty, and can grind out yards with a variety of backs.

Dallas at Philadelphia

Derek – Philadelphia. They are playing well after their more than head scratching loss to the Raiders. I think the Eagles are the best team in the NFC East right now and I’ll take them over almost any team at home. Especially against a Wade Philipp’s team.

Loren - Dallas. Look, both of these teams are inconsistent and, at times, putrid. I just think that if they played this game 100 times, Dallas would win 51. Not a lot to go on.

Pittsburgh at Denver

Derek – Pittsburgh. Yes I want Loren to pick Denver. Pittsburgh is a good enough team to beat a not so good as their record indicates Broncos team. Oh and Polamalu is back.

Loren - Pittsburgh. As much as I want to pick Denver, there’s too much stacked against them this week. Pittsburgh’s D will harass Denver and lock down the line of scrimmage. Denver doesn’t yet have consistent running to open the field for Orton and keep defenses honest. It will be consecutive losses for the Broncos.

No comments: