Saturday, September 14, 2013

NFL Week 2 Picks

Last week I called each of our games correctly giving me a 6-0 to 3-3 lead over Loren. Can he catch up? We'll see.

Vikings @ Bears
Derek - Bears. I'm still going to ride my theory that the Bears are a good first half of the season team. They can score and proved last week they can come from behind. One way to beat the Vikings is to keep the ball away from AP, you can do that be taking a sizable early lead.

Loren - Bears. Last week I bet against the Bears and it cost me. I expected the Bengal's offense to be better and for Chicago to stumble early, but Chicago looked good against a good team. Even with AP, I don't think the Vikings will be able to consistently move the chains.

Redskins @ Packers
Derek - Packers. The Packers will jump to a big lead in this game and cause more mistakes from RGIII in critical moments. Expect the superior team to win.
Loren - Packers. Tough games last week for both teams. Honestly, though, the Packers will win more games than they'll lose, and they don't usually lose to inferior teams.

Dolphins @ Colts
Derek -  Dolphins. Alright I'll risk a pick here to stay loyal. I say the Dolphins get to Luck early and hold off a furious comeback in the waning seconds.
Loren - Colts. Trap game for Derek? We'll see if he homers out on this one. Maybe the Dolphins will be better than people anticipated, but that doesn't mean they'll be good.

Broncos @ Giants
Derek - Broncos. I think the Manning's combined for 11 TD's last week, not too shabby. I hope to see more fireworks in what looks to be the last head to head match up barring a Super Bowl. The Bronocs are one the best teams in the league and should beat the G-Men fairly easily.
Loren - Broncos. Manning Bowl! Eli didn't look great in week one, while the Broncos showed their doubters (i.e. me) something. Based on that first performance, there aren't a lot of teams I'd take over Denver.

Rams @ Falcons
Derek - Falcons. Despite the loss last week, Atlanta is a pretty good team and should have their way with inferior opponents. The Rams are a decent team but don't have the firepower or D to hold the Falcons down for four quarters.
Loren - Falcons. I expect this game to be close. As a mediocre team, the Rams won't win big or get blown out often. But the Falcons are talented and you know that offense is going to click soon.

49ers @ Seahawks
Derek - Seahawks. I like San Fran and I think they have the better team but I think the Seahawks will score in bunches and  get a lift from playing at home. Wilson leads them and Lynch dominates the 49ers D on the ground.
Loren - 49ers. Sorry Seattle. You might be fun, you might be a good story, and my heart might be with you. Unfortunately, you're playing a top 3 team this week. You'll need excellent D and ball control offense to be in this one and that still might not be enough.

No comments: