Thursday, September 19, 2013

NFL Week 3 picks

Well well well, looks like I know how to pick'em. 12-0 this year which puts me up by 5 over Loren's 7-5 record. On to the picks.

Chiefs @ Eagles
Derek - Eagles. This should be a good game. The toughest D Philly has seen but I thin the Eagles will defend well this time out and make Smith beat them. And I don't see that happening.
Loren – Eagles. I couldn’t care less about Reid’s “homecoming”, but I would like him and the Chiefs to stick it to the Philly fans. Unfortunately, just don’t see it happening. I’m not sure the Philly offense has even gelled yet and they’re only a good day by Phillip ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ Rivers away from being 2-0.

Packers @ Bengals
Derek - Packers. Green Bay's one of the best teams in the league, Cinnci is a good team, but they won't be able to shut down the Packers. Looks for a high scoring game.
Loren – Packers. Again, really want to take the home team here but the Pack are back, bringing confidence from last week’s righting of the ship. I still believe the Bengals are a solid team bound for the playoffs, but the Packers have enough firepower to punch through their D.

Rams @ Cowboys
Derek - Cowboys. I'm going with the home team here. I think they'll finally be able to score enough to put away a decent but lacking Rams team. 
Loren – Rams. The Cowboys laid a big egg last week and their win over the Giants doesn’t mean much with the way the Giants got shellacked last week. I’m probably picking with my heart here, but I’d love the Rams to walk into Dallas push their fans into a cascade of Romo-booing. One lingering question, is it better for the Rams to play with a lead or play from behind?

Falcons @ Dolphins

Derek - Falcons. Last week I went with the Homer pick and it paid off. The problem here is that Falcons are one of the better teams in the NFL and the Fins just can't stand up to the passing game Atlanta is going to bring with it.
Loren – Falcons. It’s not a long trip, so travel fatigue shouldn’t be a factor. The Falcons have weapons galore, they just need to minimize mistakes. Who knows if the Dolphins are for real this year? When faced with that thought, take the proven commodity.

Bills @ Jets

Derek - Jets. Yuck, why do we have these teams here? I'll take the home team I guess. EJ still has to prove it for more than a couple quarters, although he's better at this point than I thought he'd be. Spiller might get hurt and it adds up to an ugly game of football, the kind the Jets win.
Loren – Bills. Hmmm, should I pick the Choking Champ or the Champ of Choking? Oh, what the heck. I’ve got some games to make up so let’s see if the Bills can beat a Jets team that has scored a grand total of 28 points this year. At least the Bills broke 20 in each game.

Colts @ 49ers
Derek - 49ers. We're the 49ers and we're pissed. It doesn't matter who their playing this week, I would have picked them to win.
Loren – 49ers. The jury is out on Richardson and I’m not sure he’ll factor much without a chance to learn the system. Niners are also furious and looking for a statement after the clobbering Seattle gave them. 49ers, and big.

No comments: