Saturday, September 28, 2013

NFL Week 4 picks

It was a terrible week for both Loren and I last week. I only got 2 out of 6 correct. Lucky for me those two let me pick up another 2 wins on Loren as he went for the bagel 0/6. So after three weeks I already have a 7 game lead. 14-4 to 7-9.

Bears @ Lions
Derek - Bears. Lions are still the crazy team that lives in a violent town. Who knows what they're going to do. I have more faith in the Bears right now, I['ll be interested to see how the Bears D matches up with the potential of the Lions O.

Loren - Bears. I think Chicago is a little healthier, and little stronger on D, and (difficult though it is for me to say) Cutler is in rhythm and slinging it. Bears look too good to pass on. 

Seahawks @ Texans
Derek - Seahawks. I know Seattle isn't going to win all their games, but until they do I'm going to keep picking them. Add that to the fact that Houston hasn't impressed this year.
Loren - Seahawks. Foster can't find the end zone. The means airing it out against arguably the best secondary in the league. Recipe for disaster.

Steelers @ Vikings
Derek - Steelers. The Steelers are too proud and have too good of coach to keep looking so bad every week. I'll say they take this one.
Loren - Vikings. AP gets Felton back. That spells trouble for the Steelers D, already overtaxed because their offense can't move the ball well enough to give 'em a rest.

Eagles @ Broncos
Derek - Broncos. Why's this game on here? Unless the Eagles play flawlessly on the offensive side of the ball this game won't be in the single digit point spread.
Loren - Broncos. As long as the Broncos are winning, and I'm behind therefore picking games, I'll keep putting them here. Doesn't matter that Derek will pick them, too. Some things are bigger than our competition. 

Patriots @ Falcons
Derek - Patriots. The Pats are still the Pats, we've seen Brady turn oh hum WRs into great WRs before and each week they're getting better. The Falcons can't afford to go to 1-3 but they will.
Loren - Falcons. Pats have won, but looked shaky. Atlanta is a very good team. Good enough to get guys open down the field and put points up. Maybe if Gronk and Amendola were playing...

Dolphins @ Saints
Derek - Saints. I'd be happy if the Dolphins won as well. Of course every time Loren picks against them they win so it's the win win situation for me. Go Fins! Oh yeah I think the Saints will win.
Loren - Saints. I don't know how long Derek has been waiting for the Fins to play a meaningful game. I believe Pteranodons may have ruled the skies the last time. I'd be happy for Derek if the Dolphins won. I'd be happier for me if they lost.

No comments: